Camp.us Host / Hostess
Camp.us is the home of our creative companies.
Brands&People, Novak Innovation, School of Change, Nobody and -1.
We love a friendly, neat, organized and functional home.
Camp.us is a unique workspace designed to host our staff, clients, guests and creative community.
Intentional or not the form and functionality of a workspace reflect the culture of the people within it.
You are the key member of our team making sure our home feels like home.
In this role, your primary focus will be a combination of Operations and Hospitality.
You will analyze all staff and guests' experiences in collaboration with our Culture Team and CEOs.
For us an experience could be a meeting, a cup of coffee, a tour inside our facilities. You get the idea.
Then you make sure every experience is seamless and above ordinary.
You make sure our brand culture is expressed to the five senses: Sight. Smell. Touch. Hearing. Taste.
You make sure our brand culture is told in every small detail.
We believe when something works well you don't even notice. It just works.
Instead if the room is messy, if temperature is too low or too high, if your coffee is cold, you notice.
Your main objective in Operations is making sure everything works in our facilities.
We believe the way to do it is anticipating and addressing everyone needs with empathy and pragmatism.
We trust you with these key responsibilities
1. Open and close Camp.us facilities Monday to Friday. Saturdays when needed.
2. Enforce a level of impeccable cleanliness, including daily management of janitors.
3. Prepare and reset conference rooms including the restock of markers, whiteboard erasers, white paper, sharpies and post-its. Prepare tables, reset chairs, whiteboards and temperature.
4. Ensure tickets and maintenance issues are being resolved in a timely manner.
5. Conduct daily quality control walkthroughs to address immediate issues, pre-empt potential future issues and identify areas for improvement when required.
6. Make sure Camp.us rules are being followed and report any incident to Operations Manager.
7. Manage inventory of office supplies, cleaning products, food and beverages.
8. You make sure we maintain an odorless Camp.us.
9. You manage the booking of Panoramic Rooms for all teams.
10. You make sure we are saving energy and recycling.
Hospitality Above Ordinary
We believe hospitality is a great opportunity to show how much we care about people.
We believe delighting staff and guests express our creative spirit.
Your main objective in Hospitality is making sure we create an amazing positive atmosphere at Camp.us.
We believe the way to do it is creating unique experiences for the five senses.
A good example is reinventing a traditional coffee break according to the season of the year.
We trust you with these key responsibilities
1. Ensure a friendly arrival experience for visitors while maintaining the necessary level of building security.
2. Welcome and check-in all visitors while serving a seasonal welcome drink.
3. Make sure all visitors are added to our Community mailing list.
4. Provide guided tours for guests and new staff when required. Tell our Camp.us story in a lively way.
5. Manage food and beverage offerings to ensure the quality and presentation are aligned with Camp.us brand.
6. Maintaining Workcafé's Water, Fruit Water, Beer Keg and Coffee.
7. Make sure Sound Baths' music is played at confortable levels everyday.
8. Plan, coordinate, open and close all Camp.us events.
9. Providing a hosting presence during community events and facilitating networking.
10. Taking care of all Camp.us plants, gardens and terraces.
Experience & Requirements
2+ years experience in operations, hospitality or PR
Fluent in english and understanding of creative communities
Strong verbal communication skills
Obsessive with order and cleanliness
Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
Excellent organization skills
Neat appearance and good sense of style
Critical Behaviors for Success
We have four goals and principles for everyone in our teams: Autonomy, Ecosystem-Thinking, Impact and Personal Transformation. A person that thrives in our culture, understands and behaves according to these 4 principles:
You do what you love. You love what you do.
You find ways to make things happen while distributing activities, time and energy.
Credibility is earned through execution and getting things done.
You get into the details and deliver results.
You're always ready to get hands-on all aspects of the daily needs. Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued.
You start early and finish early with no pending issues.
You channel high levels of energy to specific tasks and finish what you start.
You act like an adult at all times. No one will baby sit you or your work.
You love working with people. Foster harmony in the team and share Good Vibes Only.
You're an example of commitment, teamwork, and solidarity.
You manage your time and energy, in a way everyone's personal life is respected.
Don’t assume anything, ask again.
Clarify doubts and simplify things.
Be honest about your status and whether you’ll make it in time or not.
Always be clear and transparent along the journey.
Share lessons learned and victories won with everybody, everyday.
Ask for feedback from teammates and take them in a mature and constructive way.
You provide constructive, honest, and respectful feedback on time.
You are observant, proactive, and eager to learn.
You respect everyone's role in the journey.
You pledge to positively transform yourself.
You’re constantly searching for new abilities to acquire.
You enjoy sharing knowledge with others.
You are curious and keep exploring new journeys to explore.
You love challenging yourself.
You believe your work can change the world.
You understand data and feel comfortable working with it.
You sustain your work on real information.
You’re able to clarify the outcomes that can be expected from your work.
Perks & Compensation
AM Shift 7:45 AM — 2:15 PM
PM Shift 1:30 PM — 8:00 PM
10 vacation days after your 1st anniversary, 12 days on your 2nd anniversary and then 14 days from your 3rd anniversary henceforward.
Winter Break: last week of the year.
Spring Break: thursday and friday on holy week.
Friyay: shift ends 2 hours early last Friday of every month, yay!
8 hours per month to use on personal matters.
Your application was submitted successfully.