Camp.us is the home of our creative companies.
Brands&People is a brand-centric company focused on mobilizing commercial brands in Latin America. We steer, innovate, communicate, and maximize brands to accelerate growth. We’re a people-centric company, too. We believe that propelling the creative careers of our staff results in stronger brands for our clients. Our team is an eclectic mix of brand leaders, creative directors, designers, copywriters, media executives, and brand managers, headed by French strategist Emmanuel Moreau and Mexican designer Gerardo Ortiz.
In this role, your primary focus is to ideate, conceptualize and materialize visual concepts. To achieve Brand objectives through extraordinary delivered projects. You are key to fulfilling our mission: Leading Brands in a journey of transformation alongside Brand Leaders, in the pursue of creating value for our clients and their consumers through relevance and awareness.
Your question every morning should be: How can I make an impact and add value through simplicity and design?
You are responsible for every graphic an aesthetic deployment and for the conduction, training and guidance of the design team. You ensure every Brand's visual ID is protected and depicted in every small detail. You create long lasting, memorable Brand guidelines and guarantee the quality and coherence between creativity and design are met at all times. You are the go person whenever it comes to Art Direction. Whether it's about a touch point, a concept, a new campaign or a photo session, people will seek your guidance on which path to pursue.
Our stand on design: We articulate design following two concepts: aesthetics and functionality. By mixing both in precise concentrations, we respond to abstract needs with concrete solutions. Both useful and beautiful solutions. We design from the user's perspective. We care for the Marco as well as the Micro. We see the big picture and also take extreme care of small details. We design to provoque sensations, clarify experiences, stimulate and favor interactions at every touch point. We love this craft. Beauty, Truth and Empathy at all times.
We trust you with these key responsibilities:
1. Receive, understand and decode briefs and needs.
2. Propose ideas, concepts and solutions through simple, powerful and creative expressions.
3. Mobilize and engage in transformation by creating, directing and developing powerful, positive and disruptive campaigns for each Brand.
4. Find unusual sources of inspiration and encourage your team to do so as well.
5. Conceptualize and create visual languages, Brand Assets, guidelines and Master Graphics that match and harmonize with each Brand.
6. Detonate and lead powerful and safe-space brainstorming sessions with your Team.
7. Collect and fuel insights.
8.Find the best way to deliver meeting time frames and quality standards. (Define which road to follow, which ideas to pursue, how to make things happen)
9. Assign and monitor design tasks, missions and schedules without compromising quality, budgets or deadlines.
10. Supervise the graphic deployments of the design team.
11. Lead photo sessions, productions and/or illustration projects.
12. Call out for the best decisions that guarantee the excellence of each touch point as well as extraordinary design.
13. Guide and motivate people around you - both teammates and clients - and earn their respect and trust.
14. Clarify doubts. Simplify things. Make sure everybody's on the same page and got the same message.
15. Be honest about our status and whether we'll make it on time or not. Clarity and transparency are mandatory along this journey.
16. Follow tasks through completion, being the last and ultimate filter for details and quality.
17. Ensure visual quality standards, deadlines, brand objectives, roadmaps and ambitions are followed and met.
18. Solve problems along the journey, improvising and undertaking other roles if necessary, with humbleness and energy.
19. Elaborate and display simple, powerful and persuasive presentations to pitch new project ideas and/or to show progress on projects.
20. Defend the team's work, being empathetic with our clients as well.
21. Assure requested changes are justified, understood and met.
22. Spot and explore opportunities for growing value in projects beyond the current scope, and discuss it, seeking guidance and partnering with Brands Leaders, Brand Managers and/or Partners
Experience & Requirements
6+ years experience in Creative and/or Art Direction (Advertising).
Masters Adobe Suite.
Almost OCD about typography, design grids and design hierarchy.
Highly organized, exaggerated attention to detail.
Critic, decisive and agile.
Capable to understand and materialize complex information in simple, creative solutions.
Good aesthetics and leadership skills.
Good sense of style, framing, visual composition, light and balance.
Capable to understand, capture and express complex requests in esthetic, well composed designs.
Good analytical and problem solving skills. Common sense.
Good interpersonal and customer care skills.
Neat appearance and good sense of style.
Critical Behaviors for Success
We have four goals and principles for everyone in our teams: Autonomy, Ecosystem-Thinking, Impact and Personal Transformation. A person that thrives in our culture, understands and behaves according to these 4 principles:
You do what you love. You love what you do.
You find ways to make things happen while distributing activities, time and energy.
Credibility is earned through execution and getting things done.
You get into the details and deliver results.
You're always ready to get hands-on all aspects of the daily needs. Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued.
You start early and finish early with no pending issues.
You channel high levels of energy to specific tasks and finish what you start.
You act like an adult at all times. No one will baby sit you or your work.
You love working with people. Foster harmony in the team and share Good Vibes Only.
You're an example of commitment, teamwork, and solidarity.
You manage your time and energy, in a way everyone's personal life is respected.
Don’t assume anything, ask again.
Clarify doubts and simplify things.
Be honest about your status and whether you’ll make it in time or not.
Always be clear and transparent along the journey.
Share lessons learned and victories won with everybody, everyday.
Ask for feedback from teammates and take them in a mature and constructive way.
You provide constructive, honest, and respectful feedback on time.
You are observant, proactive, and eager to learn.
You respect everyone's role in the journey.
You build trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
Earn your team's respect and your client’s trust.
Make sure interactions within your team and the client are smooth, joyful, and drama-free.
Take time to interpret and share clients' requests in a simplified manner.
Make sure everybody is on the same page and gets the intended message.
You make sure no one's left behind and that everyone enjoys the journey.
You pledge to positively transform yourself.
You’re constantly searching for new abilities to acquire.
You enjoy sharing knowledge with others.
You are curious and keep exploring new journeys to explore.
You love challenging yourself.
You believe your work can change the world.
You understand data and feel comfortable working with it.
You sustain your work on real information.
You’re able to clarify the outcomes that can be expected from your work.
Perks & Compensation
Choose your working hours (and be able to re-choose twice a year):
8:00 AM — 5:00 PM or
9:00 AM — 6:00 PM
10 vacation days after your 1st anniversary, 12 days on your 2nd anniversary and then 14 days from your 3rd anniversary henceforward.
Winter Break: last week of the year.
Spring Break: thursday and friday on holy week.
Friyay: shift ends 2 hours early last Friday of every month, yay!
8 hours per month to use on personal matters.
Your application was submitted successfully.